After 18 months of construction and renovation TransDiesel celebrated the opening of its newly refurbished building at Halswell Junction Road, Christchurch with two functions held back in October to host staff, suppliers and clients at the functions, including representatives from Volvo, Yanmar, and Terex Finlay.
Vincent Tan, CE APAC region president, Volvo officially re-opened the building with the unveiling of the plaque, alongside director Alister McLaughlin.
The 1.8 hectare site is home to the 104 staff based in the Christchurch office and the building was constructed by Terry Birchfield and his construction team, using a lot of recycled building components in the rebuild including crane and roof beams from the Addington Workshop railway yards.
site includes a 5620 square metre building, 1820 qm of Offices/showroom and
amenities, 800sqm of parts warehouse and 3000sqm of workshop space.
The original building was first completed in October 1994, and formally opened by Sir Roger Douglas in March 1995, almost 25 years to the day of the formal refurbishment opening.